If you received a traffic infraction, no DWI’s or other misdemeanors, you may apply for a possible reduction by mail, by following the link below.
If you would prefer to appear in the Court in which you incurred your ticket, you may request a possible reduction of your traffic charge(s) directly with an Assistant District Attorney during scheduled DA Court night. This may expedite the reduction process.
Contact the Court, that is listed on your traffic ticket and inquire as to when the Assistant District Attorney will be at the Court. Show up at the Court, on that day, with a current copy of your driving record (abstract) from your local Department of Motor Vehicle office.
Out of state residents and Canadians may apply for a possible reduction by mail, by following the link below:
This form is available as a writable pdf document. In order to view it or to fill it out, you will need Acrobat Reader, available free from the Adobe web site. Click here if you need to download a copy of Acrobat Reader.
Since an original signature is required we cannot accept electronic delivery of the form.

| |
The Official Web Site for St. Lawrence County Government
County Courthouse, 48 Court Street • Canton, New York 13617 - 1169
Contact Us